We are using this page to bring you information about occupational and personal pension schemes which are subject to Treasury legislation.
That legislation is made up of the following Acts of Parliament as they have effect on the Island:
- The Social Security Act 1989
- The Pension Schemes Act 1993
- The Pensions Act 1995
- The Welfare Reform and Pensions Act 1999
- The Child Support, Pensions and Social Security Act 2000
- The Pensions Act 2004
- The Pensions Act 2007
- The Pensions Act 2008
- The Pensions Act 2011
- The Pensions Act 2014
and miscellaneous regulations and orders made under those Acts.
Subjects covered by the above legislation include:
- all remaining contracting-out matters
- disclosure of information to scheme members and other persons
- indexation and revaluation of benefits
- preservation requirements
- additional voluntary contributions
- pension sharing on divorce/dissolution of marriage/civil partnership
- assignment, forfeiture and bankruptcy regarding pensions
- transfer of pension benefits
- winding up of pension schemes, insolvent employers, etc
- sex discrimination in relation to occupational pension schemes
Staying up to date with Treasury legislation
You can keep up to date with recent changes in social security legislation by reading Social Security News, which you can access via
If you would like to be notified by email when new issues of Social Security News and/or Pensions News are made available please contact us, as above.
See downloadable documents for more information.