Long-term Benefits Support Payment
Long-term benefits support payments are intended to provide help towards meeting increasing energy costs to groups of people who have limited, fixed incomes who don’t qualify for the energy support payment.
A long-term benefits support payment is a single lump-sum payment of £150.
To qualify for a long-term benefits support payment you must be ordinarily resident in the Isle of Man and be entitled to a state pension or other qualifying long term benefit from the Isle of Man Treasury for at least one day in the week commencing Monday 6 June 2022 (this is called “the relevant week”).
The qualifying benefits for the long-term benefits support payment are:
- attendance allowance
- bereavement support payment
- carer’s allowance
- disability living allowance
- employed person’s allowance
- income support
- industrial death benefit
- long-term incapacity benefit
- Manx state pension
- retirement pension
- severe disablement allowance
- unemployability supplement paid with an industrial injury benefit or war pension
- widowed mother’s allowance
- widowed parent’s allowance
- widow’s pension
But you’re not eligible for a long-term benefits support payment if -
- you or your partner received an energy support payment earlier this year, or
- in respect of the last day of the relevant week (i.e., 12 June 2022) you are:
- no longer ordinarily resident in the Island;
- living in a care home other than on a temporary basis; or
- under the age of 16.
You don’t need to make a claim for a long-term benefits support payment.
If you’re entitled £150 will be paid to you automatically between late June and the middle of July 2022, depending on how you’re paid your state pension or benefits.
It will be paid to you in the same way as your state pension or other qualifying benefit is paid to you.
Long-term benefits support payments don’t affect entitlement to any other social security benefit you may get.
For more information contact Social Security by email to email@example.com or phone +44 1624 685656.