Social Security Division
+44 1624 685094
Basic qualifying conditions
A Maternity Payment is paid if:
- You or your partner get Income Support, Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance, or Employed Person's Allowance, and
- Your pregnancy lasts to the 25th week, even if a stillbirth occurs, and
- You are aged over 16 or over
A Maternity Payment can be paid if you:
- Are expecting a baby within the next 11 weeks
- Have had a baby within the last 3 months
- Have adopted a child within the last 3 months who is not more than 12 months old at the time of your claim
You will not be entitled to a Maternity Payment if your savings are over £6000.
Applying for Maternity Payment
Send claim form SF100(IOM) to us with evidence of the expected or actual date of birth, or adoption. This can be your Co-op card or MATB1 certificate.
The claim should be made between the 11th week before the expected week of childbirth and up to 3 months after childbirth. If you are adopting a child you should claim within 3 months of the date of the adoption order.
See Benefits Rates for more about how much you can receive if you’re eligible.
Payments are made by cheque which you can cash at a Post Office, or we can pay it into a bank or building society account.