Douglas IM1 2RZ
+44 1624 685126
You may be able to claim Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) if you are unemployed, available to take up full-time work immediately and you are actively seeking work.
There are two types of JSA:
- Contribution based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA (cont)) is based on your National Insurance record. It is not means tested
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance, which does not depend on you having paid National Insurance Contributions but is means tested.
Basic qualifying conditions
To qualify for contribution or income based JSA you must:
- Be available for work
- Be actively seeking work
- Be capable of work
- Enter into a Jobseeker's Agreement with us
- Be under state pension age
- Be living in the Isle of Man
You must not be in full-time education - guided learning of 16 hours or more a week.
You must not work – work for 16 hours or more a week.