Covid-19 Coronavirus

Insolvency and Cessation of Business Payments

Redundancy Payments

The Treasury

Social Security Division

Markwell House

Market Street


Isle of Man


Telephone:+44 1624 685103

Email:Send Email

You may be able to get a payment from Social Security to a qualifying employee whose employer has ceased to carry on business in the Island and has either refused or failed to pay them wages or holiday pay or for statutory notice.

Basic qualifying conditions

To be entitled to a payment from Social Security:

  • Your employer must either have become insolvent or has otherwise ceased trading in the Island
  • Your employment with that employer must have ended
  • You must be owed wages or holiday pay, or be due payment for statutory notice
  • Your employer has refused or failed to pay all or any part of the monies due to you

How and when to claim

As soon as it becomes clear that your employer cannot or will not pay you the monies you are owed, please complete Form IP1 (in respect of wages and holiday pay) to make a claim

If have not been given statutory notice please complete Form IP2Do not submit form IP2 until you reach the end of what would have been your statutory notice period. Your claim is for compensation only and this may not be the amount you would have earned during the statutory notice period. Please seek advice from the Manx Industrial Relations Service before making a claim.

Manx Industrial Relations Service

Ground Floor

Imperial Buildings

Bath Place


Isle of Man


Telephone:+44 1624 672942

Email:Send Email


Payment is made by cheque, which you can cash at a Post Office or pay into your bank or building society account.

Back to top