2023 Manx Care’s CARE Awards
On this page:
- About the awards
- Awards categories
- Eligibility and restrictions
- Nomination forms
- How to enter
- Our sponsors
Manx Care will hold its annual colleague recognition event on Thursday 8 February 2024. This will celebrate Manx Care's employees, and will bring together all of the different ways in which we recognise our colleagues across the course of a calendar year.
The event will take place in the evening, and will follow a similar format to a UK NHS Trust annual recognition ceremony.
Colleagues will be able to nominate individuals or teams across eight different categories, with two awards being chosen by the Chairman and CEO respectively and nominations for the final award, being invited from members of the public. Colleagues will then be able to nominate their winner from a shortlist.
The award categories will be sponsored by organisations from the private sector. The individual categories are outlined below:
- The Quality and Safety Award - sponsored by Tooms Building Contractors Ltd
- The Championing Excellence and Innovation Award - sponsored by Synaptik
- The Driving Integration of Care Award - sponsored by Greenlight TV
- The Engagement and Inclusion Award - sponsored by Exceed Business Services
- The Partnerships and Collaboration Award - sponsored by TopCare Nursing & Domiciliary Care Agency
- The Health and Care Sustainability Award – Best Energy Solutions Ltd
- The Unsung Hero (Clinical and Non- Clinical) Awards - sponsored by Karsons Pharmacy
- The Health and Care Professional of the Year Award - sponsored by Aston International
- The CEO’s Outstanding Achievement Award - sponsored by Ontex Healthcare UK
- The Andrew Foster CBE Award - sponsored by Lloyds Bank International
Furthermore, Manx Care would like to acknowledge Welcome Drinks sponsor, Clinisys, and Print sponsor BHW Print Group, for also contributing to the special evening.
- Nominations will be assessed against Manx Care’s new CARE Values, as well as criteria specific to each award
- Written nominations must be submitted using a dedicated form – it should be of substantial detail in order to make an informed decision. Nominations are only as good as the quality of the information the judges receive!
- Primarily, the judges will be looking for good examples of dedication above and beyond the call of duty, and innovation or flair that has led to improvements in the delivery of services
- Anyone nominating an individual or team should make them aware of this before submitting the nomination. Given that the event will be publicised, they should be comfortable to receive a level of publicity should they be shortlisted or win their category
- Teams are able to nominate themselves; similarly a nominator can be a member of the team they are nominating. However, self-nominations on an individual basis are not permitted
- The judging panel reserves the right to re-allocate an application into a different category if they think it has a greater chance of success to the one originally nominated for
- It will not be possible to return nomination forms so copies should be made prior to submission
- Anyone employed within Manx Care can be nominated (including fulltime, part-time or Bank colleagues), from across the organisation – this includes both front-line colleagues and those working in non-patient-facing roles
- They can be working at any level of the organisation (it does not matter whether they are a senior leader or not)
- It does not matter whether your nominee works in front-line care, behind the scenes or is involved in work that helps to motivate or train colleagues. The nomination simply needs to in some way illustrate how that person/team contributes towards the aims of the wider organisation and meets the CARE Values
- You cannot nominate a person/team in more than one category for the same piece of work, or if they have received an award for the work previously.
- Depending on the category of the award, individuals and teams may be nominated by:
- A colleague or manager
- A member of the public
- A patient
- A member of their team
- An official Manx Care volunteer
The judging panel will comprise Manx Care’s Executive Leadership Team and Non-Executive Directors. This will be chaired by Sarah Pinch in her capacity as Manx Care’s Vice Chair, and Chair of the People Committee, a sub-committee of the Manx Care Board.
- Available in online or paper copy (both options are available below)
- Guidance will accompany these to support people in making the strongest possible nominations in line with the CARE Values
- Nomination forms will be assessed by the panel. Feedback will be provided to individuals who have made a nomination, in the event the information provided is not of a suitable level to make an informed judgement.
Online nomination forms
Please visit the consultation hub to submit your nomination form online.
Please be aware that if you wish to attach any supplementary evidence to your nomination, you cannot do this via the online entry form. Instead, you need to send this either as a hard copy or via email by 5pm on Friday 24 November 2023. to the details outlined in the 'How to enter' section below.
Paper nomination forms
All nomination forms can also be submitted via email or post by downloading and completing the paper versions below:
Staff paper forms:
- The Quality and Safety Award
- The Championing Excellence and Innovation Award
- The Driving Integration of Care Award
- The Championing Engagement and Inclusion Award
- The Partnerships and Collaboration Award
- The Health and Care Sustainability Award
- The Unsung Hero (Clinical) Award
- The Unsung Hero (Non-Clinical) Award
Public paper form:
There are three ways you can complete your nomination form. You can:
- Complete and submit your application form online
- Download a printable version of the nomination form and email it to email@example.com
- Download a printable version of the nomination form, print this and hand-write your submission, and then post this FAO Marnie Taylor.
All completed entry forms should be emailed to the Manx Care Awards inbox or sent to the communications office via post, by 5pm on Friday 24 November 2023.
Marnie Taylor, c/o Communications Team,
Isle of Man,
- Annual CARE Awards launch: 6 October 2023
- Final date to accept awards: By 5pm on Friday 24 November 2023
- Judging: 6 December 2023
- Event: Thursday 8 February 2024 (evening event)
Manx Care's annual CARE Awards are being sponsored by organisations from the private sector. We would like to extend our gratitude to:
Manx Care’s annual CARE Awards event is being organised via a Care Awards Committee and is led by the Communications Team. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Marnie Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org