International Development Committee
|6-Nov||Funding available for local charities tackling poverty in developing countries||Isle of Man registered charities can now apply for this year's grant funding of projects that aim to address the root causes of poverty in developing countries.|
|21-Sep||Isle of Man providing long-term support to some of world's most vulnerable people||The Isle of Man is continuing to provide vital support to improve the lives of some of the world's most vulnerable people.|
|10-Sep||Co-ordinated appeal to help Syrian refugees||A co-ordinated Isle of Man appeal to raise funds for refugees fleeing Syria has launched today.|
|29-Jul||Isle of Man supports vulnerable victims of African conflict||The Isle of Man Government, through its International Development Committee (IDC) has agreed to give charities a total of £50,000 to help victims of conflict in Burundi and South Sudan.|
Co-ordinated appeal to help Syrian refugees
The Isle of Man Government's International Development Committee, the One World Centre and Isle of Man registered charities that are members of the UK's Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) are working together to ensure that fundraising on the Island contributes to established and ongoing relief efforts. For further information please read the news release.
The overall purpose of the Committee is to implement the Council of Ministers' Policy on international development by ensuring:
- That aid is targeted effectively
- That appropriate mechanisms are in place for granting aid, in accordance with best practice elsewhere
- That the Island's voluntary sector is properly engaged in the process
- That the people of the Isle of Man continue to be encouraged to support the alleviation of world poverty
In addition, priority, but not exclusivity, is given to projects or programmes in countries classified as 'Low Development' on the United Nations Human Development Index. For further details on the funding streams available and how to apply please click on the funding link.
The Isle of Man Government has set out to:
- Do all it can to help the developed world achieve the Millennium Development Goals as the recognised international standards for development
- Give priority to countries ranked as 'Low Development' on the United Nations Human Development Index
- Provide a swift and effective response to international humanitarian crises
- Support the voluntary sector in raising awareness of global development issues throughout the Manx population.
If you have any further queries please contact IDC Secretariat at the following address:
Isle of Man
+44 1624 686066
+44 1624 685710