The Commercial Division provides advice and assistance to Departments, Boards and Offices of the Isle of Man Government in relation to commercial law matters including advice on a broad range of contract and property matters. The Director of the Division is Simon Watson.
Within the Commercial Division we undertake the following lines of work representing Government:
- Preparation and drafting of agreements (whether bespoke agreements or for procured matters)
- Review of suppliers terms and conditions
- Drafting and reviewing banking and Facility Agreements and drafting loan agreements in support IOMG finance schemes
- Sale and Purchase of land
- Drafting of Leases and Licences
- Financial assistance, for example of shared equity purchased scheme
- Cancellation of Government loans and charges
- Easement and Wayleaves
- Bona Vacantia Property
- Section 13 Planning Agreements
- Land Registration
- Mining Leases and Licences
- Advice on corporate issues
Please note that HM Attorney General and officers stationed in the Attorney General’s Chambers are unable to provide advice to or represent members of the public. Any person outside of Government who requires help in sourcing an advocate to advise or represent them should contact the Isle of Man Law Society for information.