Civil Litigation Division
The Civil Litigation Division represents all of the Departments, Boards and Offices of Government before the Island’s Courts and Tribunals, save for damages claims where Government’s insurers wish to instruct their own advocates. We also provide advice relevant to situations where a claim might arise, our work in this regard crossing over with that of other Divisions. The Director of the Division is Keiron Murray.
Within the Division we undertake the following main lines of work representing Government
- Children and Families services work for Manx Care
- Clinical negligence cases for DHSC and/or Manx Care
- Regulatory and enforcement proceedings (e.g. GSC, FSA, OFT, planning)
- Planning appeals and inquiries
- Doleance and statutory appeals (including immigration)
- Debt collection and contract/commercial disputes
- Possession and other property related claims
Please note that HM Attorney General and officers stationed in the Attorney General’s Chambers are unable to provide advice to or represent members of the public. Any person outside of Government who requires help in sourcing an advocate to advise or represent them should contact the Isle of Man Law Society for information.