Data Privacy Notice
Cabinet Office as Data controller
The Cabinet Office is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR and LED Implementing Regulations 2018.
The contact details for the Cabinet Office are:
Freedom of Information
Tel: +44 1624 685741
The Data Protection Officer for the Cabinet Office is:
CO Data Protection Officer
Isle of Man
Tel: +44 1624 686779
How we will use the information we collect about you
The Cabinet Office collects and processes your personal information to allow public authorities to respond to requests for information made under the Freedom of Information Act 2015. The personal data you are asked to provide will include:
- Telephone number
- Organisation (if applicable)
The personal data provided by you is jointly controlled by:
- Cabinet Office of the Isle of Man Government (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01624 685741)
- and the Department, Board or Office to whom you submit your request.
The contact details of Department Data Protection Officers are available.
How we will share the information we collect about you
Isle of Man Government is committed to protecting the personal information you provide.The personal information that you provide will be shared with and processed by the publicauthority to which you submitted your freedom of information request (the recipient) for thepurpose of dealing with that request. The recipient of your personal information will be adata processor in relation to your personal information. In all cases, the Cabinet Office isand will remain the data controller.
After a request is answered, we may publish anonymised requests and responses on our online FOI responses webpage. Information published on our FOI responses webpage may be treated as exempt under section 20 of the Freedom of Information Act 2015, Information Accessible by Other Means.
iCasework Limited act as a Data Processor on behalf of the Cabinet Office.
The contact details for iCasework Limited are:
1st Floor, 2 Kimberley Road,
Email: Contact iCasework
Tel: +44 (0) 207 624 4991
iCasework Limited use the information for the purpose of providing a system to manage freedom of information requests and to transfer this information to the relevant public authority (as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2015). The information you provide to iCasework Limited will be kept secure and confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to any other third party.
iCasework Limited will maintain the system and data on the instructions of the Cabinet Office.
The personal information you give us will be kept secure, confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where permitted or required by law.
Protecting your information
The Cabinet Office will:
- keep your information safe and secure in compliance with its information security policy
- Your personal details will not be shared with any organisation other the relevant public authority and our partner organisation, iCasework Limited who we use to help deliver services
- Retain the information for no longer than is necessary and your information will be permanently deleted once the timeframes set out below have been reached
Transfer of Information outside the EEA
It is not expected that your information will be transferred outside of the EEA.
You can find out more information including:
- Contacting our Data Protection Officer: DPO-CabOff@gov.im (01624 686779)
- Asking to see your information or making a complaint if you feel that your information is not being handled
- Making a subject access request which is a request for all of the personal data we hold about you.
- Obtaining this information in large print or alternative format
You have a right to access your personal data to ensure that it is accurate, and to request that it is rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed if it is inaccurate.
To make any request relating to your data held by us, please contact the Data Protection Officer for the Cabinet Office: DPO-CabOff@gov.im (01624 686779)
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may also complain to the Information Commissioner or the relevant supervisory authority. You may have a right to other remedies.
Cabinet Office (Freedom of Information) retention periods
Your information will be held by the Cabinet Office and iCasework Limited for the purposes of processing your request for a period of one year after your request has been closed.