Members of the Committee are appointed by the Appointments Commission on a voluntary basis and receive only attendance allowances. The Appointments Commission is responsible for the appointment of the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Each member of the Committee is appointed for a period of three years from the date of appointment.
At present there are 7 members on the Committee and they are as follows:
- Andrew Swithinbank (Chairman) - Appointed 7 May 2016
- David Trace (Vice Chairman) - Appointed 1 October 2015
- Jane O'Rourke - Appointed 31 July 2015
- Margaret Mansfield - Appointed 01 March 2017
- Tony Jones - Appointed 8 January 2014
- Tony Warham - Appointed 8 January 2014
- Mr Steph Lowe - Appointed 7 May 2016
Each member of the committee have agreed with and signed a Voluntary Code of Attendance, the agreement can be viewed in the downloadable documents.
Please contact the Legal Aid office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish for further information.