Consultation Review of Access to Legal Advice and Representation
The Committee carried out consultation on the future of the Legal Aid service in 2016. We published the 'Review of Developments in Legal Aid - Legal Aid Committee Interim Consultative Report for the period 2013 – 2016' and held a seminar in April 2016.
- Gathered information from key stakeholders on reviews and consultaions they are undertaking to avoid duplication.
- Reviewed previous reports on Legal Aid.
- Invited written responses to a formal public consultation process.
- Met with key networks of relevant organisations
- Held briefing sessions for Advocate undertaking Legal Aid work and trainee advocates starting their careers.
- Undertaken preliminary research on Legal Aid developments in England, Wales and Scotland and initiated opportunities for exploration via the British Isles Legal Aid network.
- Considered ways of engaging views of groups of end users: Prison and Probation.
- Liaised with key relevant IoM Government Ministers.
Attached are 3 files: