Consultation Review of Access to Legal Advice and Representation
The reason for this webpage is to provide you with information obtained after a recent consultation and information gathered from stakeholders via a Consultation Seminar in April 2016.
- Gathered information from key stakeholders on reviews and consultaions they are undertaking to avoid duplication.
- Reviewed previous reports on Legal Aid.
- Invited written responses to a formal public consultation process.
- Met with key networks of relevant organisations
- Held briefing sessions for Advocate undertaking Legal Aid work and trainee advocates starting their careers.
- Undertaken preliminary research on Legal Aid developments in England, Wales and Scotland and initiated opportunities for exploration via the British Isles Legal Aid network.
- Considered ways of engaging views of groups of end users: Prison and Probation.
- Liaised with key relevant IoM Government Ministers.
Attached are 3 files:
The Legal Aid Committee appreciates that developments in the criminal and civil legal processes may have an impact on their policy, and request that any suggestions for changes should be forwarded to them accompanied by an impact assessment in the form shown below: