Due to Government action, spending has been reduced further and faster than previously planned.
- We have achieved further savings of £25 million in addition to the £26 million delivered last year
- Spending is £11 million below last year's rebalancing plan.
- Staff costs are £26 million (8%) below the 2011-12 projected level and £9 million below last year's actual budget.
- Staffing was reduced by 99 posts last year. This year there will be a further reduction of 285 posts. Therefore, the reduction over 2 years will be 384 posts.
In addition to these savings we have accommodated:
- Gross Spending on benefits of £248 million, £10 million (4%) higher than last year, including £141 million on the State Pension and Pension Supplement.
- Net spending on Health up by £7.5 million (6.5%), after adjusting for the transfer of shared services functions.
- A Capital Programme of £101.8 million for Government Departments and Statutory Boards.
- £67 million of construction schemes including, £21.2 million to be spent in the Local Authorities' Housing Programme.
In respect of Taxation:
- The income tax standard rate for individuals remains at 10%.
- The income tax higher rate for individuals remains at 20%.
- Income Tax personal allowances unchanged at £9,300 for single persons and £18,600 for married couples.
- Additional Personal Allowance for over 65's remains at £2,020.
- The threshold at which the higher rate for individuals becomes payable remains at £10,500.
- Increase in Personal Allowance Credit from £650 to £700 per person or £1,400 per couple
- Removal of Tax relief on Class 4 National Insurance Contributions but do not increase rates of National Insurance on Class 1,2 or 4 contributions by 1% as introduced in the United Kingdom from April 2011.
- Removal of Tax relief on new Educational Deeds of Covenant, and reallocation to student awards.
- Cap on Mortgage and Loan Interest relief reduced by £2,500 to £7,500 per person per annum.
Isle of Man
+44 1624 686433
+44 1624 685662