The work of the Department of Infrastructure's Recycling Section is all about the 3R's - reduce, reuse and recycle.
This work covers a wide range of issues including:
- management and operation of public recycling sites
- developing statistics on waste and recycling
- education in schools
- promoting 'green office' initiatives
- assisting local authorities
- helping business and industry
The 3R's form the focus of a sustainable strategy for managing waste produced on the Island, and depends on the co-operation and participation of every householder and company.
On the Isle of Man recycling is placed above recovery of heat from burning waste or landfill of waste, in the waste hierarchy - priority of ways we should manage our waste.
+44 1624 686532
+44 1624 686538
+44 1624 686536
+44 1624 686535