Local Authority Accounts
Under the Audit Act 2006 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2013, every Local Authority, Joint Board and Joint Committee is required to nominate an officer (following approval by the Department of Infrastructure) to carry out the role of Responsible Financial Officer, whose duty it is to ensure robust financial management systems are in place.
All Local Authorities, Boards, Committees and Burial Authorities are required to produce annual accounts which are prepared and inspected in accordance with the Audit Act 2006.
Legislation and Forms
- Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- Accounts and Audit Regulations 2018
- Examiner Treasury Approval Form (word version)
- Examiner Treasury Approval Form (pdf version)
- List of Treasury Approved Examiners - Audit Act 2006
- Local Government Financial Statements Template (word version)
- Burial Authorities Financial Statements Template (word version)
- Treasury Local Government Directions 2016
- Audit Act 2006
- Burials Act 1986
Annual Accounts Report for Tynwald
Each year, the Department lays before Tynwald a report on the accounts of Local Authorities, Burial Authorities, Elderly Persons' Housing Committees and Joint Boards.
The latest report is available, laid before Tynwald in June 2022. Please note that the report contains extracts from the accounts of those bodies listed.
Should you wish to view the full set of accounts listed in the report, please contact the Tynwald Library (Legislative Buildings, Finch Road, Douglas, IM1 3PW, Tel: +44 1624 685520) who have been provided with a copy of all the accounts.