2016 archived information
December 2016 and Year end 2016
2016 has been a year which has seen an increase in passengers through Isle of Man harbours of a little under 1%. The solid 13.9% improvement in December significantly boosted the annual increase to just under 5,300 passengers by the close of 2016. A primary reason was the buoyant results of the cruise ship market, as well as solid scheduled services performances.
- In December 2016, 2,635 more passengers and crew passed through Isle of Man harbours than in December 2015, a 13.92% increase.
- Scheduled service passengers constituted 97.7% of passengers passing through the harbours and were up by 13.1%, whilst non-scheduled numbers increased by two thirds.
- Heysham sailings were responsible for the most of the increase.
- Scheduled passenger vehicles were also up, by the same level, with a 13% increase.
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- 21,067 scheduled service passengers passed through the Port in December, an increase of 2,438 over December 2015.
- The Heysham route accounted for 85% of the scheduled passengers and increased by 23.1% to 17,860 passengers.
- The Liverpool route declined by 784 passengers, or 21.9% to just under 2,800 passengers.
- Scheduled passenger vehicles were also up by 13% to 7,900 vehicles.
- December saw a 66.6% increase in non-scheduled passengers to nearly 500, maintaining a trend of substantial increases during the month for the last 3 years.
- Fishing and support vessels were responsible for the increase.
Monthly Harbours traffic summary for December 2016
|Schedules Passengers||2016||2015||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||21067||18629||2438||13.1%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||564867||561900||2967||0.5%|
|Moving Annual total||564867||561900||2967||0.5%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2016||2015||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2016||2015||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||4||10||-6||-60.0%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2016||2015||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||0||0||0||0.0%|
|Total commercial passengers||489||286||203||71.0%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||493||296||197||66.6%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||21560||18925||2635||13.9%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||7900||6992||908||13.0%|