Harbour Traffic Information
Below is a summary of the Isle of Man passenger traffic statistics for the Island’s Harbours for June 2017. A very good start to TT created an increase of over 7,400 passengers in May, and June continued to record a rise in traffic, albeit at a much lower level of increase of 1.8%. In summary:
- A total of 94,588 passengers used the Isle of Man Harbours in June 2017, a solid result with an increase of 1.79%, or 1,664 more than in June 2016.
- Scheduled routes actually showed a marginal decrease, but a 51% surge in non-scheduled passenger traffic boosted the total to the overall 1.8% increase.
- It was reassuring to see an overall increase in June, despite the earlier start to TT.
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- Scheduled traffic decreased by just 0.16%, with 145 fewer passengers, to 89,215.
- Liverpool continued to set the pace with an increase of nearly 3,500 passengers, or 8.6%.
- Heysham decreased by over 3,700 or 8.9%.
- Belfast was slightly down on last year, whilst Dublin increased by 9% to almost 1,400.
- The number of scheduled passenger vehicles was slightly down, as 36,729 vehicles were carried, 2.9% fewer than in June 2016.
- Non-scheduled traffic saw a very substantial 51% increase with cruise passengers and marina traffic responsible for much of the increase.
- Cruise passengers totaled 1,822, 1,674 more than in June 2016, more than doubling the number of cruise passengers so far this year.
- Non Manx fishing crews recorded no movements during June 2017.
- Karina saw a small decrease in passengers over June 2016.
- A tall ship visited the Island in June, generating 110 passenger movements.
Monthly Harbours traffic summary for June 2017
|Schedules Passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||89215||89360||-145||-0.2%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||262389||244381||18008||7.4%|
|Moving Annual total||582875||548096||34779||6.3%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||1680||1410||270||19.1%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||110||50||60||120.0%|
|Total commercial passengers||3693||2154||1539||71.4%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||5373||3564||1809||50.8%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||94588||92924||1664||1.8%|
|Cumulative Total Harbours Pax||273795||252886||20909||8.3%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||36729||37830||-1101||-2.9%|