Harbour Traffic Information
Isle of Man Monthly Harbours’ Traffic Summary
Below is a summary of the Isle of Man passenger traffic statistics for the Island's Harbours for February 2019. The percentage decrease for February was slightly less than that for January at 2.58%. Thus the recent trend seems to be a slowing down of the reduction in traffic. In summary:
- A total of 16,207 passengers used the Isle of Man Harbours in February 2019, down by 428 or 2.6% on February 2018. Scheduled traffic constituted 97.1% of the total passengers for the month.
- The moving annual total (March 2018 to January 2019) was 576,300, a decrease over the previous 12 months of 6.58%.
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- Overall, scheduled service passenger numbers were down by just 246, or 1.5%, with a total from the two routes of 15,737 during February.
- The Liverpool route saw an 8.4% decrease with 3,638 passengers travelling to Merseyside.
- Heysham, however benefitted from a slight increase of 87 passengers or 0.7%. Just under 12,100 passengers travelled on the route.
- Scheduled passengers’ vehicles also saw a small decrease - of 98 vehicles or 1.6%, with 5,926 vehicles using ferry services.
- After a large increase in January, non-scheduled passenger numbers were significantly down in February, with 470 passengers and crews using the Island’s Harbours, a 28% decrease.
- This was because there were virtually no support crews using the Island during the month. Fishing activity was about the same as for February 2018, with just 12 crew fewer.
|Schedules Passengers||2019||2018||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||15737||15983||-246||-1.5%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||28609||30014||-1405||-4.7%|
|Moving Annual total||549819||565831||-16012||-2.8%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2019||2018||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2019||2018||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||4||4||0||100.0%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2019||2018||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||0||0||0||0.0%|
|Total commercial passengers||466||648||-182||-28.1%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||470||652||-182||-27.9%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||16207||16635||-428||-2.6%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||5926||6024||-98||-1.6%|