Harbour Traffic Information
Isle of Man Monthly Harbours’ Traffic Summary
Below is a summary of the Isle of Man passenger traffic statistics for the Island’s Harbours for September 2018. The downward trend over the summer season has continued into September, with about the percentage fall as for August – just under 10%. In summary:
- A total of 57,958 passengers used the Isle of Man Harbours in July 2018, down by 6,394 or 9.9%. Scheduled traffic fell by the same amount fueling most of the decrease.
- This has meant that cumulative total harbours’ traffic since the beginning of the year is now 6.06% below the cumulative for the same period for 2017
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- Overall, scheduled service passengers were down by 6,257 passengers or 10%, with 56,193 passing through the Port of Douglas.
- Both routes to the North West saw similar percentage decreases, with Liverpool down 10.2% and Heysham suffering a fall of 9.4%.
- Belfast sailings carried also suffered a large decline of 583 passengers or over 28% to 1,480.
- By contrast, Dublin sailings saw a 90% increase to 530 passengers.
- Scheduled passengers’ vehicles saw a decrease of 2,195 vehicles or 11.3%, with 17,281 vehicles arriving, and departing from the Island.
- Non-scheduled traffic was also down - by 7.2% - to 1,765 passengers and crew.
- It was the sad withdrawal of the Karina at the beginning of the year, together with a significant reduction in support vessels during the month, that contributed to the decrease.
- However cruise traffic increased for the month with almost 1,200 cruise passengers visiting the Island, an increase of 288, or 32%, over September 2017.
- This brings to 16,618 the number of cruise passengers who have visited the Isle of Man during 2018, 3,120 or 23% up on 2017.
|Scheduled Passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||56193||62450||-6257||-10%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||476644||504482||-27838||-5.5%|
|Moving Annual total||556157||583379||-27222||-4.7%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||122||232||-110||-47.4%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||0||0||0||0%|
|Total commercial passengers||1643||1670||-27||-1.6%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||1765||1902||-137||-7.2%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||57958||64352||-6394||-9.9%|
|Cumulative Total Harbours Pax||502104||534290||-32186||-6%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||17281||19476||-2195||-11.3%|