Harbour Traffic Information
Isle of Man Monthly Harbours’ Traffic Summary
Below is a summary of the Isle of Man passenger traffic statistics for the Island’s Harbours for February 2018. The month saw a small increase of 350 passengers or 2.1% over February 2017. Unusually, the increase was due to the relatively large increase in non-scheduled passengers.
- A total of 16,635 passengers used the Isle of Man Harbours in February 2018, 350 more than in February 2017, and up by just 2.1%, continuing a positive start to 2018.
- Scheduled passenger traffic stayed about the same as in February 2017, but non-scheduled was in percentage terms, substantially up.
- Whilst the month did not have unusually stormy weather, the intensely cold weather (the “Beast from the East”) doubtless affected travel, reducing numbers of scheduled passengers.
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- Overall, scheduled service passengers were down by just 37 passengers with just under 16,000 passing through the Port of Douglas.
- The Liverpool routes saw a 2.8% increase, to just under 4,000 passengers.
- Heysham decreased by 147 passengers, or 1.2% with just over 12,000 passengers using the route.
- Scheduled passengers’ vehicles were again about the same as last year and around 6,000 vehicles, the difference between February 2018 and February 2017 being just 13 vehicles.
- Overall non-scheduled traffic was up by 146% from 265 to 652 crew members.
- Fishing crews helped to drive a notable increase in non-scheduled passenger and crew traffic. 474 fishing crews used the harbours, 84% more than last year.
- Support vessels also generated a numerically huge increase in crews – from four to 154. Pilot activity also increased.
|Scheduled Passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||15983||16020||-37||-0.2%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||30014||28908||1106||3.8%|
|Moving Annual total||585101||566024||19077||3.4%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||4||0||4||100%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2018||2017||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||0||0||0||0%|
|Total commercial passengers||648||265||383||144.5%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||652||265||387||146.0%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||16635||16285||350||2.1%|
|Cumulative Total Harbours Pax||30734||29339||1395||4.8%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||6011||6024||-13||-0.2%|