Harbour Traffic Information
Below is a summary of the Isle of Man passenger traffic statistics for the Island’s Harbours for April 2017. The movement of Easter from March in 2016, to April this year has had a massive impact upon passenger figures. April saw a very substantial increase of almost 20,000 passengers or 46.3%, a much greater improvement than the decline seen in March. In summary:
- A total of 62,980 passengers used the Isle of Man Harbours in April 2017, a huge increase of 46.3%, being 19,920 more than in April 2016.
- Whilst the late Easter had a substantial impact, the additional traffic generated in April far outweighed the reduction in March, with both scheduled and non-scheduled doing very well.
Scheduled passengers and vehicles
- Scheduled traffic was up by 18,500 - almost 44% - from 42,273 to 60,773.
- Liverpool achieved a remarkable result with a 66.5% increase of over 14,000 passengers.
- Heysham also did well with a 9.1% increase, up by over 1,800.
- Both Belfast and Dublin contributed solidly with over 2,600 additional passengers added between them.
- Overall, the increase in scheduled passengers was more than double the decrease in March.
- The number of scheduled passenger vehicles also soared - by almost 70% - with 15,053 vehicles passing through the Port, 6,160 more than in April 2016.
- Non-scheduled traffic also did very well. Early season cruise passengers numbered over 800, the royal Navy added 428, and 78 trainees used the Port
- Fishing crews increased by 200 and the Karina opened her season with 32 passengers
- Support movements were down compared with 2016.
Monthly Harbours traffic summary for April 2017
|Schedules Passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Total Passengers for the month||60773||42273||18500||43.8%|
|Cumulative for the year so far||110610||100066||10544||10.5%|
|Moving Annual total||575411||552669||22742||4.1%|
|Scheduled Passengers by Route||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Non Scheduled Passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Total Marina and Non-Marina||135||80||55||68.8%|
|Commercial Vessel passengers||2017||2016||change||% change|
|Tall Ship/Super yacht||0||16||-16||100.0%|
|Total commercial passengers||2072||707||1365||193.1%|
|Total Non-Scheduled passengers||2207||787||1420||180.4%|
|Total Harbours Passengers||62980||43060||19920||46.3%|
|Scheduled Passenger Vehicles||15053||8893||6160||69.3%|