What is it?
Data protection ensures that information held about you is processed in accordance with the rights provided in the Data Protection Act 2002. This safeguards and prohibits any non-compliant or unauthorised processing.
The Act also gives you the right to:
- know what information is being held about you
- know what your information is being used for and why
- know who your information is given to
- request access to your information
- take action to block, rectify, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
Requests for information
You can make a request to find out what information the Department of Infrastructure holds about you by writing to or emailing the Department.
Department of Infrastructure Data Processing
The Department of Infrastructure is registered as a Data Controller with the Isle of Man Information Commissioner and a full account of the reasons for which we process information is available for download.
Isle of Man Information Commissioner
The Information Commissioner provides a wealth of documents about data protection for Individuals and Organisations.