The Public Health Directorate is one of the reporting Divisions of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
Purpose Vision and Values
- To protect and improve the health and social wellbeing of the residents of the Isle of Man and to reduce health inequalities through strong partnerships with individuals, communities and key public, private and voluntary organisations.
- To protect and improve the health and wellbeing of the island’s whole population rather than treating the individual.
- Work systematically to alter our environment, improve lifestyles and reduce risk factors across our population
- Prioritise interventions which will achieve change for the greatest number of people at affordable cost
- Champion approaches that support individuals, families and communities in taking responsibility for their own health and wellbeing
- Work with partners across government, private and third sectors to get public health into all policies – supporting people to take responsibility for their own health by ensuring they have the necessary skills and knowledge and live in environments and communities where healthy choices are easy choices
Public Health Directorate.
+44 01624 642639