Companies Registry maintains the register and records of all companies and other business types incorporated in the Isle of Man, and provides a facility for the public to view documents which have been filed.
The Companies Registry consists of eight distinct registries, each with their own legislation, fees and statutory filing obligations. In this connection it incorporates or registers:
- Industrial societies under the Industrial & Building Societies Acts 1892 to 1979
- Limited partnerships under the Partnership Act 1909
- Business names under the Registration of Business Names Acts 1918 & 1954
- Companies in terms of the Companies Acts 1931 to 2004
- Foreign companies in terms of the Foreign Companies Act 2014
- Repealed August 2014 - Foreign Companies in terms of Part XI of the Companies Act 1931
- LLCs in terms of the Limited Liability Companies Act 1996
- Companies under the Companies Act 2006
- Foundations under the Foundations Act 2011.
Companies Registry's functions also require it to:
- examine and store information delivered under the above Acts
- make this information available to the public
- ensure that filing requirements are met and take remedial action where necessary
- dissolve or deregister defunct businesses.
+44 1624 689389