Minister for Policy and Reform
Reinforcement of the central co-ordination of policies through the creation of the Cabinet Office is one of the main objectives of the modernisation of the Isle of Man Government.
Chris Thomas MHK has taken on the role of Minister for Policy and Reform within the Cabinet Office.
The responsibilities of this position are substantial and include:
- ensuring corporate working across Departments
- the control and co-ordination of corporate policy
- the implementation of alternative means of service delivery arising from the Scope of Government review
- leading the Transforming Government Programme for more efficient Government
- delivering workforce reforms including the establishment of a Public Services Commission
- making recommendations to Council of Ministers on prioritisation of legislative programme