Transformation political board
A Health and Care Transformation Political Board provides political oversight of and accountability to the Council of Ministers for the implementation of the Transformation Programme.
The Members of and Advisers to the Political Board are set out below:
- Hon Lawrie Hooper MHK (Chair), Minister for Health and Social Care
- Hon Alex Allinson MHK, Minister for the Treasury
- Hon Kate Lord-Brennan MHK, Minister for Cabinet Office
- Andy Ralphs, Chief Executive Officer (IOMG)
- Paul Richardson, Chief Executive Officer for Health and Social Care
- Teresa Cope, Manx Care Chief Executive Officer
- Sarah Pinch, Manx Care Non-Executive Chair (Interim)
- Caldric Randall, Chief Financial Officer, Treasury
- Sir Jonathan Michael, Independent Adviser
- Robin O’Connor, Lead of Health and Care Transformation
The Political Board has oversight of the Transformation Programme and will hold the Chief Executive (Isle of Man Government) to account for the delivery of it. The Political Board will ensure the Transformation Programme has access to the resources required to transform the health and care system, including in relation to Human Resources and finances. The Board will assist in addressing issues or obstructions to the transformation and providing political guidance as required throughout the course of the Transformation Programme and in line with the principles and recommendations set out in the independent report.
The Political Board will report to the Council of Ministers on a minimum quarterly basis and support the Council of Ministers in preparing a report for submission to Tynwald, and published, on an annual basis.
The Terms of Reference for the Health and Care Transformation Board can be found in the Downloadable Documents section on the right hand side of this page and the Extract of Proceedings from previous meetings are available below: