Core teams and priorities
There are eight core teams in GTS.
Each of the teams develops a set of targets and objectives which are aligned with both the GTS and Cabinet Office business plans.
- Business Systems – Responsible for the rest of Government outside the Health and Education teams – from criminal justice to highways, from benefit payments to the finance systems used across the whole of Government. The team are heavily involved in the Digital Strategies for each area of Government to help Departments better understand and harness the power that digital information can provide.
- Core Systems – All this digital technology is only successful if it is robust, secure and rigorous and where systems are available at all the times and places they're needed. The team is responsible for the digital infrastructure that connects everything we do including hosting and datacentre environments, desktop and printing requirements, ensuring all of our systems remain available, relevant and accessible.
- Customer Services – At the heart of the organisation, our first line customer services team is the one which deals with our customers on a daily basis. With over 30,000 support calls made each year this team strive to deliver a fantastic customer experience, adopting and delivering new technologies as they're developed. We are focused on giving a high level of customer satisfaction across the whole organisation.
- Education and Children – With technology playing an ever-increasing role across all of education, from primary school onwards, we need to make sure that we have the digital resources to keep track and then set the pace. This team looks after all education infrastructure and first-line support, making sure we have effective centralised services, backed up by an on-the-ground field team where needed.
- Enterprise Application Delivery (EAD) – Responsible for the strategic and corporate development of core Enterprise platforms which underpin the delivery of digital services for the Isle of Man Government. We run the gov.im website, the front door to Government online services and information and Government's internal portal. The core Enterprise platforms provide Government's system integration, document management, customer relationship management, business applications and geographic information services. We are a multi-disciplinary team made up of certified developers and technicians, geospatial specialists, web managers, programme and project managers and business analysts.
- Health and Social Care – Supporting front line services across a range of complex, specialist and sensitive systems this team aims to deliver a truly digital service, where information is readily available to those that need it, including the patients themselves. Changes here include digital health records at Noble's Hospital and in the wider health community, a huge reduction in paper work and the administration that goes with it, and a continuing move towards an efficient paper-free future.
- Project Management – All these functions, the contracts and the changes taking place, need to do so in a well-run and well-governed environment, where clear financial management is applied, and where value for money is kept at the forefront of all our thinking. This team maintains this rigour for us, overseeing our financial and project governance across the whole organisation, making sure we operate within a strong and well-audited financial framework.
- Technology, Design, Delivery & Assurance – Comprised of a number of highly skilled technicians providing guidance and technical oversight for multiple disciplines including network design, core system builds and maintenance schedules, technical security, mobile devices, desktop applications, server and operating system configurations, security and system policies and guidelines as well as incident management and investigation.
- Continually improve systems availability
- Continually improve customer satisfaction
- Develop the organisation and our people
- Constant and effective delivery of change
- Constant focus on managing and mitigating risk
- Demonstrating financial savings and value for money
- Enable the delivery of the digital strategy