Government Technology Services (GTS)
Vision: Making technology work for the Isle of Man government
Government Technology Services (GTS) is a shared service bringing together eight teams from across the whole of Government.
Our vision is simple – to make technology work for the Isle of Man Government. That means making sure that information across the whole of Government is secure and easy to access.
- Thinking Digitally
- Working together
- Learning intelligently
From its home in the Cabinet Office, GTS plays a crucial role in the smooth running of Government. We support critical front-line services, such as those in health, education, emergency services and public transport.
GTS has three core areas of focus:
- To securely operate and provide support for the day-to-day technology and infrastructure for the whole of Government – some 300+ major systems, 1200 applications, 250 sites and 3 datacentres
- To safely deliver technology change across this environment, making sure it is always available, confidential and safe
- To grow and support the Digital Strategy for the rapidly changing world ahead
With have over 100 full time professionals as well as a mix of temporary and contract staff with skills in a wide range of technologies across all Government services.
GTS is committed to developing sustainable solutions by uniting our people, our customers and our technology to best serve the Isle of Man.
- Our People – Promoting continual improvement and innovation through our skilled, engaged and diverse workforce
- Our Customers – Delivering trusted and quality services to our customers through listening and collaborating
- Our Technology – Openly enabling a smaller, smarter Government through the use of appropriate technology
Since it began in 2014, GTS has achieved significant savings – with a target of £2m each year by 2017/2018. We are on track to deliver this, operating in 2016/2017 at £1.5m under the original budget.
And to demonstrate best practice in developing its processes, systems and people we hold ISO 27001:2013, ISO 20000:2009, and in 2016 we successfully achieved an Investors in People Gold Accreditation.
This infographic gives insight into how the 2017/18 budget is allocated and shows some of the main GTS statistics.
The GTS high level business plan for 2017/18 explains our four main shared objectives: organisational development, customer focus, financial resources and our people plan.
Isle of Man