Covid-19 Coronavirus

Health Insurance for Travel

health insurance

Make sure you have travel insurance that covers healthcare when travelling abroad.

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not available to Isle of Man residents.

The EHIC is only available to residents of countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. It gives holders of the card the right to access state provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another country signed-up to the scheme. The Isle of Man is not part of the UK, a member of the EU or of the EEA, so people living on the Island are not – and never have been – eligible to use the EHIC scheme.

Insurance for healthcare is recommended for anyone travelling off the Isle of Man, including to the United Kingdom and the European Union.

Back to top