Citizens' Forum on Climate Change
To capture the voice of the Manx community the Isle of Man Government has set up the Citizens’ Forum on Climate Change.
The forum is representative of the Manx public and has the opportunity to learn about and discuss issues relating to climate change, and reach conclusions about what path the public believes is best for our Island.
Made up of 36 members, from three separate groups; invited and advertised industry leaders, advertised members of the public, and randomly selected members of the public, the forum reflect the varied Island population and include those with views for or against climate action as well as those that are yet to form an opinion.
The Citizens’ Forum on Climate Change provides:
- Insight and feedback following forum sessions to the Climate Change Transformation Board and Climate Change Transformation Programme on climate action work from a community perspective.
- Views and information on specific climate topics as requested.
- A representative to attend the Climate Change Transformation Board, as required.
- The basis for focus groups to inform climate change research and policy, depending on the issue and the input required.
- Engagement, input and participation from the wider community via the networks and influence of the members.