Chief Minister: Hon Howard Quayle MHK
Chief Secretary: Will Greenhow
Minister for Policy and Reform: Hon Ray Harmer MHK
The Cabinet Office plays a central role in the Isle of Man Government. We are responsible for:
- giving impartial advice and services to the Chief Minister, the Council of Ministers and to His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor.
- leading the development, co-ordination and application of policies that will affect more than one department.
- representing the Island on the international stage and developing our global strategies.
- acting as the corporate central hub – providing government's human resources, technology and corporate communications services.
- ensuring that we work better – by promoting reform, striving to improve the way we provide our services, building business plans, and project managing these changes
Offices within Cabinet Office
Office of Human Resources (OHR)
Responsible for: staffing, employee support, Learning Education and Development (LEaD)
Responsible for: supporting the Chief Minister and Council of Ministers, planning appeals, Freedom of Information requests, National Risk Register, records management, Anti-Money Laundering/Combatting the Financing of Terror policy office and data protection
Government Technology Services (GTS)
Responsible for: digital transformation, systems support and improvements, cyber security strategy
Crown and External Relations
Responsible for: passports, Immigration and Nationality, elections, National Strategy Group, political engagement programme, International Development Fund, EU Advisory Group, crown functions, corporate communications
Policy and Strategy
Responsible for: regeneration and Economic Affairs – including the Census, collection and publishing, Social Attitudes Survey, economic and policy data
Change and Reform
Responsible for: monitoring progress and delivery of the Programme for Government, providing government and tourism services through the Welcome Centre, managing and supporting corporate change projects, working with teams across government, delivering the Digital Inclusion Strategy, developing project / policy proposals