Chief Minister Howard Quayle MHK
Hon. Howard Quayle, Member of the House of Keys (MHK) for Middle, was elected Chief Minister by Tynwald on 4 October 2016.
Before his election to the role of Chief Minister he was Minister for Health and Social Care.
Mr Quayle began his working life as a civil servant in the Treasury and Local Government planning before moving into the finance sector, working for the NFU Mutual Insurance Group and Clerical Medical.
Eventually he followed his father into farming where he has built up an award-winning herd of pedigree Aberdeen Angus cattle. Mr. Quayle was Vice-President of the Manx National Farmers’ Union for two years before taking over as President, from 2005 to 2010. He was the Union’s public face, involved fighting the industry’s corner at meetings all over Europe, including Brussels and involved in discussions with many Members of the European Parliament as well as the Agricultural Commissioner.
- Member of the House of Keys 2011-date
- Minister for the Department of Health and Social Care 2014-date
- Member of the Emoluments Committee 2011-date
- Member of the Tynwald Standards and Members’ Interests Committee 2011-date
- Member of the Standing Orders Committee of Tynwald 2011-date
- Member of the House of Keys’ Management and Members’ Standards Committee 2011-date
- Minister for Health 2014
- Minister for Social Care 2014
- Member for Infrastructure 2011-13
- Member for Economic Policy Review Committee 2011-13
- Member for Economic Development 2013-14
- Chairman of the Planning Committee 2011-13
- Chairman of the Manx Electricity Authority 2013-14
- First stood and elected as Member of the House of Keys for Middle in 2011
- Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Member Isle of Man Branch
Westminster, London 2012; Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh 2013; Public Accounts Committee Workshop, London 2013; Dublin 2014.