Flooding from rivers and the sea is a natural phenomenon that cannot be entirely prevented but, by acting together with other authorities and the public, we can reduce its impact on people, property and the environment.
The Authority has produced a Flood Map that show areas on the Island that could be affected by flooding from Main Rivers or the sea. The Flood Map is designed to raise awareness of the likelihood and extent of flooding, where to find out more information on flooding and advice on appropriate action to take to reduce the risk of damage. Our Flood Map will also be used by anyone who wants to apply for planning permission to see whether the site they plan to develop is considered to be prone to flooding both now and in the future.
The Flood Map is designed to:
- Help us, and others, to plan and manage our work to reduce flood risk
- Encourage people living and working in areas prone to flooding to find out more and to take appropriate action
- Inform anyone who wants to apply for planning permission if flooding is likely to be an important consideration The Flood Map will not:
- Increase or decrease the existing flood risk to people and property
- Identify the flood risk to individual properties or specific point locations
- Identify areas prone to flooding from sources other than rivers and the sea
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|