Taste & Odour
If you are sensitive to smell and taste, then this download may be of use to you. It explains why you may notice smells or tastes in your drinking water and what you can do if you are particularly sensitive to them.
The leaflet covers:
- What if my water smells or tastes?
- Why does water smell or taste?
- What is chlorine?
- Why use chlorine?
- Why can I taste or smell chlorine in my water?
- Are these low amounts of residual chlorine harmful?
- What about seasonal changes?
- How can my plumbing cause problems?
- What can I do if I am sensitive to tastes or smells?
- Where can I get more information about drinking water quality?
You will need Adobe Acrobat to download documents that are PDFs, this is available free by following this link: