Registering for VAT
in the Isle of Man
If you are in business and you are making taxable supplies you must consider whether you have a liability to register for VAT. It is important that you register at the correct time.
You must register if-
- at the end of any month, the total value of your taxable supplies you have made in the preceding 12 months (on a rolling 12-month basis) exceeds £77,000 (£79,000 from 1 April 2013) or
- at any time you expect that the value of your taxable supplies in the following 30 days will be more than £79,000
- If you are liable to, or you require to, be registered for VAT in the Isle of Man the forms listed below must be completed (where applicable).
- If you have bought a business as a going concern you may be able to keep the last owner's registration number.
- The forms are available in Acrobat pdf. format to be downloaded, but must be submitted by post (with any supporting documentation) to the
Business Advice Centre, Isle of Man Customs and Excise, Custom House, P.O. Box 6, Douglas, Isle of Man 1M99 lAG.
If you require further guidance or advice you should refer to the relevant VAT Notices or contact the Business Advice Centre.
To view 'Adobe Acrobat' files you will need Adobe Acrobat or the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You will need Adobe Acrobat to download documents that are PDFs, this is available free by following this link: