Isle of Man Customs and Excise’s Premium Service Standards
- Through its Customer Relationship Unit Isle of Man Customs and Excise offer the services of a Client Relationship Manager to assist new large business with their customs, excise and VAT obligations.
- Isle of Man Customs and Excise normally provide a VAT registration within 7 working days of receiving a fully completed application with all supporting documents. Most VAT registrations are provided within 5 working days and this can be further reduced for traders who are receiving assistance through its Customer Relationship Unit.
- Both EORIs and Isle of Man Duty Deferment Accounts are provided within the same timeframe as VAT registration but again this can be significantly reduced when introduced via the Customer Relationship Unit.
- CFSP can be obtained through Isle of Man Customs and Excise, who will deploy appropriately qualified resources to assist throughout the authorisation process.
- All VAT, customs or excise enquiries are generally answered straight away or, if this is not possible, within 7 working days of receipt
- Isle of Man Customs and Excise operates from a single office which is open to the public during normal office hours making contact and co-ordination in relation to any matter straightforward.
- Isle of Man Customs and Excise officers are contactable through direct phone lines, email etc. Out of hours services are maintained through a series of “on call” officers who are available 24 hours per day.
- Isle of Man Customs and Excise will make available the necessary resources or, in certain circumstances, a dedicated single resource, to deliver premium service levels to meet business needs.
- Isle of Man Customs and Excise will assist businesses seeking to use customs simplifications throughout the process. Customs simplifications include but are not limited to Customs Warehousing, Inward or Outward Processing Relief, Processing under Customs Control, Customs Freight Simplified Procedures (CFSP) - a requirement either for the operating Isle of Man based freight agent or the business themselves for using the Island’s EPU facility.
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation can be achieved through Isle of Man Customs and Excise, who commit to deploying appropriately qualified resources to assist throughout the process.
- Continued contact with nominated Isle of Man Customs and Excise officers and access to the full resources of Isle of Man Customs and Excise are available from a single office.
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|