Welcome to the Highways Division Website
Highways Division delivers key activity for the Department of Infrastructure. Included in its responsibilities are –
- Maintenance and improvement of the highway network and Public Rights of Way.
- Responsibility for education and engineering solutions to ensure the safe and efficient movement of all highway users.
- Ensuring that all work and events on the highway is undertaken in a safe coordinated manner.
- Driver and vehicle testing, registration and licensing
Highways Division has three sections:
Please choose your area of interest
Click on a heading to view articles and fact sheets about that particular area
|drivers and vehicles|
Information on licensing and registering vehicles, driving licences and vehicle testing.
|highways administration |
Information on parking enforcement, including payment options for a fixed penalty, parking permits, traffic regulation orders and abnormal loads
Information on all orders for roadworks.
Information on all orders for road closures due to events.
Information on the Vehicle Driving and Testing Centre at Tromode
Information on publicity campaigns, school crossing patrols and cycling proficiency
Key Projects & Notices
Your Options and Comments would be appreciated.
- Department Prepares for TT
- DELIVERING SAFE SERVICES ON THE ROADS DURING TT
- ‘RESPECT OUR ROADS’ – TT2013 ROAD SAFETY CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED