Welcome to the Highways Administration Homepage
What We Do
The Department of Infrastructure's Highways Administration Services has several functions. It provides customer and secretarial support to the technical staff of the Highways Division, issues traffic regulations orders and road closure orders for events, including the TT and rallies. Issues residents parking permits, undertakes on street parking enforcement and its licensing team advises the public and the Post Office on vehicle and driver licensing matters.
Enquiries regarding any of these functions may be made by attending the public counter on the Ground Floor of the Sea Terminal Building, Douglas Monday to Friday 0900 - 1630 hours, or by telephoning 01624 686687 or by using the Contact icon at the top of the page. Further information about the following is available on this website.
Information about ROAD CLOSURES, including:-
- Permanent Road Traffic Orders
- Temporary Road Closures for Filming
- Filming on the Isle of Man -application form and check list
For information about PARKING including:-
- Parking enforcement and how to pay a fixed penalty
- Application for Parking Permits for Residents of disc zones
- Special Parking Permits for disc zones
- List of Streets & Roads in Disc Zones
- Reserved Parking Places/Permits for disabled persons
- Request for a Reserved Parking Place
For information about ABNORMAL LOADS including:-
- Permitted Vehicle Weights and Lengths
- Designated Roads for long and heavy vehicles
- Authorisation of Special Types Advice Notes.
- Application form for a consent to move an abnormal load.
- Exemptions for certain vehicles to use roads with weight restrictions
For information about APPROVED DRIVING INSTRUCTORS including:-
- How to become an Approved Driving Instructor
- Application for a licence to give instruction in the Driving of a motor car.
- Application for registration in the Register of Approved Driving Instructors
- The Register of Approved Driving Instructors
Click on any of the links for more detailed information on these subjects