Social Services Division provide residential care for older people who are experiencing difficulty living at home.
- The care can be for a single short period after a spell in hospital or serious illness.
- It can be for a short period whilst the carer is on holiday or needs a break.
- It can be arranged on a regular basis if this will enable the person to remain at home longer.
- It can also be on a permanent basis
- We also offer a good neighbourhood scheme where you can spend part of the day in the home and join in activities. There is a charge for meals taken. The homes do not supply or pay for transport to and from the premises
There are 3 homes on the Island managed by Adult Services staff.
- Reayrt-ny- Baie in Douglas Telephone: (01624) 662499
- Cummal Mooar in Ramsey Telephone: (01624) 814167
- Southlands in Port St Mary Telephone: (01624) 831831
All of these homes offer short or long term care for older people.
What do I do if I want residential care?
A social worker will assist if you need residential care or if there may be other options available
- Duty Social Worker (01624) 686179
- Your regular social worker, if you have one. If you do not have a social worker, one will then be appointed to you.
What do I get for that?
You will have your own centrally heated room with a call button for emergency use and staff available 24 hours a day. You will be offered a choice of meals 3 times a day and the facility to make drinks or snacks whenever you want. Should it be necessary, staff are available to assist you to dress, bath, move around and assist with your meals.
There is a brochure available which tells you what you can expect if you move into residential care. In addition each of the homes has a brochure detailing their facilities and advice on what to bring with you.
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|