Welcome to the Isle of Man’s Learning Disability Website.
This is part of the official Isle of Man Government website and it will contain news items about the Social Services Division of the DSC. But we are hoping it will be much more than that!
- We will have a ‘news’ section so that we can keep you up to date about developments in services, including the future ‘Big Picture’ Strategy or plan for learning disability services on the island.
- We can let you know about any events planned, such as more events like the planning sessions held recently.
- You can find out about other things happening – and you can be involved in letting us know what you want to tell others about, we can put items on the website for you.
- Also we will have information about services for you and who to contact if you need help, advice or have any queries.
- There will be links to other websites that you may find of interest.
We will try and make the website easy to use and simple language rather than too many big words! We will also try to use pictures and symbols to help people understand the content.
We are hoping that this website will be of interest to:
- People with learning disabilities and their families
- Staff who work in services
- People in other voluntary and independent organisations
- Anyone with an interest in learning disabilities.
Please bear with us – we will try and make the website ‘more accessible’ and user friendly over time with symbols and pictures.
If you wish to contact us regarding this learning disability website, please click on the contact us link below. We would always like to know what you think, and welcome your comments and ideas! Learning.Disabilities@gov.im
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|