The Department of Social Care provides support to those in need. Virtually everyone on the Island will receive assistance from the Department of Social Care at one or more points in their lives.
- Provides support to older people including paying pensions, providing residential care and home based care across the Island.
- Provides support to families including financial, educational and respite support.
- Assists in the provision of public sector properties in partnership with the 17 local housing authorities.
- Provides financial assistance to first time buyers through the House Purchase Assistance Scheme.
- Delivers a wide range of services and provides financial support to individuals with a disability and their carers including residential care, day care, and respite support.
- Cares for 120 looked after children.
- Protects children and other vulnerable individuals who may be at risk of harm.