What are the Data Protection Supervisor's Duties?
The Data Protection Supervisor is an independent officer who is appointed by the Governor in Council. Duties include
- establish a Register of Data Controllers and make it publicly available
- spread information about the Act and how it works
- promote compliance with the Data Protection Principles
- encourage, where appropriate, the development of Codes of Practice to help Data Controllers to comply with the Principles
- consider complaints, taking action where necessary.
Details of how complaints are considered and any enforcement action taken can be found here
Material on the Data Protection Supervisor's site is independent of that hosted by the Isle of Man Government and is protected by copyright. The copyright owner is the Isle of Man Data Protection Supervisor. You may not make alterations or additions to the material on this site, or sell it or misappropriate it. Material may be downloaded or copied for personal use. However, appropriate acknowledgement of the copyright owner is required if material is re-published in any format.