'ENERGY FIT FOR LIFE'
- Delivering people’s future essential and lifestyle needs; while
- Supporting a managed transition to a future lower carbon economy
Creating best value for our customers and stakeholders will underpin our long term success.
Our primary objectives therefore focus on:
- Understanding our customers and stakeholders needs in a changing environment so we can continuously develop and improve value
- Supporting and developing individuals and teams to deliver our vision
- Maintaining high standards of health, safety and welfare
- Skilful asset, investment, cost and change management
- Placing innovation, quality and efficiency at the heart of our culture
- Respecting and protecting our environment
- Supporting our community
- Financial performance
We believe in high performance and fairness for all our stakeholders via:
- Care for our customers (no other stakeholders can benefit without our customers)
- A great place to work (looking after our staff so they look after our business)
- Efficient, effective and safe engineering solutions (meeting needs, driving value)
- Having a positive impact on society (care for others in our community)
- Quality communications (promoting ethical governance and accountability)
- Bottom line (reinvesting in our business and looking after our shareholders)
Functions and Responsibilities:
The Manx Electricity Authority (MEA) is a statutory board of the Isle of Man Government charged with providing the people of the Isle of Man with a safe, reliable and economic electricity supply.
The Authority has responsibility for the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and for the billing and collection of revenue from these activities.
The Authority has responsibility for the supply of Natural Gas to the CCGT Power Station at Pulrose and to domestic consumers via the local gas distributor.
Further responsibility of the Authority is to ensure full commercial potential of the UK-IOM subsea fibre optic cable.
The Authority is continually aiming to reduce carbon emissions both with its generation plant and across the overall business.