14th September 2012
Reminder: Social Policy Public Consultation closes Monday
The Department of Social Care commenced a national debate on Social Policy in July. The deadline for contributions is drawing near and so the Department wishes to remind everyone of all ages of their opportunity to submit their views in this important debate which affects us all.
The consultation closes at noon on Monday 17 September 2012.
The Minister for Social Care Hon Chris Robertshaw MHK said: “We have had a really encouraging response so far to our Social Policy consultation. To date a total of 950 individuals and organisations have made their views heard by completing the survey online or submitting their comments in writing. I have also held public meetings involving a number of hundred participants. I urge everyone to contribute to this important debate which will play a key role in shaping the Island’s social policy for many years.”
Views may be submitted via any of the following methods:
• Online at: www.surveymonkey.com/s/iomsocialpolicydebate
• Via hard copy obtainable from:
- Tynwald Library, Finch Road, Douglas
- Commissioners’ Offices – across the Island
- Post Offices – across the Island
- Welcome Centre, Sea Terminal Building, Douglas
• A paper copy can also be requested via:
Or Telephoning: (01624) 685129