DOCTORS FOUNDATION PROGRAMME, WHY CHOOSE NOBLES HOSPITAL
Nobles Hospital provides a wide range of acute and non-acute specialities and we believe it offers prospective trainees the following:
- A five day Induction Programme (including ALERT and ILS training in our Clinical Skills Centre for those without current certificates) and social events followed by two days work shadowing
- IMPACT training and ALS in Foundation Year 2.
- Weekly bleep-free Foundation teaching sessions including regular clinical skills teaching. IMPACT and ALS training for F2 doctors.
- Scenario simulation involving a Laerdal simulation mannequin SimMan 3G
- Opportunities to attend other teaching sessions
- An excellent Library and information resources
- Free high quality and modern single accommodation (saving you in excess of £4,500) – and no cleaning or utility bills to worry about!
- Accommodation is available for couples and small families too for a modest subsidised rent – and again, no cleaning or utility bills to worry about!
- ‘Linked’ applications through the national recruitment scheme are likely to be granted
- Isle of Man has an advantageous taxation strategy compared to the UK – earn more and keep more in order to reduce your debt burden quicker. See www.gov.im/treasury/incometax/sections/employers/ratesandallowances.xml for further details.
Some comments from our Foundation doctors on why they liked working here:
- Everyone friendly – 1st name basis whether cleaner or consultant
- Nice hospital, good size, well laid out, pleasant to work in
- Consultants very approachable
- More time to evaluate patients
- Great exposure to procedures and range of illness
- Good opportunities to be taught practical procedures
- Good experience of trauma during TT
- Good blend of service v education
- Good structured Foundation year teaching curriculum
- That medical education staff listen to our proposals and initiate change
- Educational leave allowance (both time and funding-wise) was very generous
Some comments from our Foundation doctors on why they liked living here:
- Free and high quality accommodation
- Quality of life – good place for a young family
- Quiet environment, great nature of Isle of Man
- Both husband and I were offered jobs