Compensation Scheme - Banks
The Isle of Man has a depositors’ compensation scheme (DCS) which may compensate you if a bank in which you have deposited money fails. Please read the DCS Regulations 2010 for full details of the 2010 DCS (in operation from 23 October 2010). Deposit compensation schemes in the UK, Ireland or elsewhere do not cover deposits with banks or building societies in the Isle of Man.
Please click on the following links for further information:
- Guidance for consumers
- 1991 Regulations as revised 1.11.14 regarding BCCI SA
- 2008 Regulations as revised 1.11.14
- Depositors’ Compensation Scheme Annual Report (year end 31 March 2014) (1991 Regulations)
- Depositors’ Compensation Scheme Annual Report (year end 31 March 2014) (2008 Regulations)
- Deposit takers in the DCS
- List of ALL deposit takers (banks and building societies) which are licensed in the Isle of Man.
Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (Isle of Man) Limited
Information in relation to the depositors compensation scheme on Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (Isle of Man) Limited can be accessed here.