Delivering a service for children with additional needs
There is a strong commitment within the Isle of Man to seek to meet the requirements of all children with additional needs. The Department and all schools are committed to an inclusive curriculum which values the learning and achievements of all children and young people.
Delivering this curriculum involves consideration for:
- the nature of the pupil’s learning difficulty;
- the environment for learning;
- the choice of teaching and learning approaches;
- the ways in which learning is organised;
- the way in which policy and its associated procedures is delivered;
- careful analysis of assessment data for individual pupils in order to assist teaching and learning;
- liaison between the departments of Education and Children, Health, Home Affairs and Social Care.
Enquiries can be made by contacting Sally Brookes, Director of Services for Children, on 01624 693833 or via firstname.lastname@example.org