FundingMedia Development Fund |
Media Development Fund
The Isle of Man Media Development Fund ('MDF') provides equity investment to film and television productions shooting on the Isle of Man.
The MDF offers a broad range of film investment including:
- Equity finance
- UK Distribution
- Discounting of Tax Credits and other 'soft' money
- Provision of contract discounting and 'gap' financing
There is no upper or lower limit on investments from the MDF and packages are considered on a case by case basis. We will normally only invest in projects where UK distribution rights are available.
To be considered for investment, your project should usually:
- Be able to be filmed wholly or in part on the Isle of Man (at least 50% of all principal photography to take place on the Island)
- Be capable of spending at least the equivalent of 20% of the below the line budget with local service providers
- Be capable of being completion bonded
It is advised to make enquiries as early as possible. In all cases, emphasis will be placed on the commercial aspect of the project. The sales and distribution aspects of any application will be considered as a vital element in the decision making process.
In order to evaluate a project for investment, we require a commercially viable package which ideally would include the following:
- A fully developed script
- Biography of key players including Principal cast, Producer(s), Writer, Director
- Projected budget and proposed finance structure (including principal conditions attached to all third party investment if relevant)
- Any other information regarding sales or interest from other parties
It is essential that all the information above be received together so that a full and accurate evaluation of the project can take place.
This is a rolling scheme, so applications may be made at any time with no deadlines. All investment decisions are discretionary.
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|