Jurby Control Tower
|Add to brochure|
The RAF WW2 Control Tower at Jurby airfield has been preserved and is still used for its original purpose for airshows. RAF Jurby was opened in late 1939 and was used during WW2 mainly as an armaments & navigation training airfield, although it also accommodated fighter units. The original timber control tower was replaced by 1942 by a standard RAF 'Watch Office'.
The Brylcreem Boys (1995)
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|