The Isle of Man Aircraft Registry was established to provide a customer focused service for the registration of high quality private and corporate jets and high quality twin turbine-engine helicopters. Isle of Man registered aircraft cannot be used for Commercial Air Transport. As the only dedicated corporate aircraft register in Europe, the Registry offers high international standards and a competitive scheme of charges. We are not able to register fixed-wing aircraft below 5,700 kgs other than for residents of the Isle of Man.
We have sixteen Surveyors resident in Switzerland, USA, UK and the Isle of Man, which enables us to provide an efficient and cost-effective service.
- Our latest Registry Publication explaining the service we offer banks and leasing companies for the registration of commercial airliners, which are parked or between leases can be found here.
- We are receiving a number of requests for information on the forthcoming EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS). The following link provides UK information - Department of Energy & Climate Change
- At the end of June 2012, only 5 years since the register was established, we registered our 500th aircraft.
- We have released two new notices to Industry relating to future changes to the Isle of Man Aviation Legislation and Flight Crew Licences in Europe.
The Isle of Man has an international reputation as a tax-efficient, but responsible and co-operative jurisdiction and appears on the OECD ‘white list’ of countries complying with the global standard for tax co-operation and exchange of information.
- High regulatory standards
- High service levels and quality international reputation
- Neutral Nationality registration prefix
- Secure mortgage register
- No insurance premium tax (6% in UK)
- European time zone
- Professional infrastructure with experience in aviation finance
- Clear and simple taxation regime
- Stable legal and political environment
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is any further information you require.
Further information about the Isle of Man is available from the 'Isle of Man Where you Can' website: www.whereyoucan.im