The Department of Community, Culture and Leisure was dissolved on 1 April 2014 and its component parts transferred, as appropriate, to the Departments of Economic Development, Education and Children, Infrastructure and Environment, Food and Agriculture.
This move is part of a broader reform aimed at making the Isle of Man Government stronger, smaller and simpler.
DCCL’s functions have been reallocated as follows –
- Public Transport Division to the Department of Infrastructure, pending any decisions in respect of alternative means of service delivery,
- Sports - including NSC, Regional Swimming Pools, Sports Development Unit and Isle of Man Sport - and the Arts Council to the Department of Education and Children,
- Leisure - including the Villa Marina/Gaiety Theatre - and the Welcome Centre to the Department of Economic Development who will work with Manx National Heritage, as appropriate, to deliver these services,
- Wildlife Park to the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture.
Please follow the links below to navigate to the page you require:
- Isle of Man Public Transport
- Isle of Man Welcome Centre
- Villa Marina and Gaiety Theatre
- National Sports Centre
- Sport and Recreation
- Arts Council
- Curraghs Wildlife Park
- Proof of Age Cards