Molly Quirk's Glen & Bibaloe Walk
Molly Quirk's Glen is a small, narrow, well-wooded, pleasant glen which runs parallel to the quietly-flowing Groudle River and is bounded at each end by a road bridge.
At the lower end of the glen the eastern boundary is marked by the 'Whitebridge' under which a boarded walkway enables visitors to continue into Groudle Glen. The first bridge on this site was built in 1634 supposedly by the then vicar of Onchan as an act of penance.
At the other end of the glen is the Little Mill Bridge, which takes its name from the nearby Wellington Mill or 'Little Mill', the remains of which can be seen on the opposite side of the road.
As to the identity of Molly Quirk, legend has it that she was a local woman who was robbed and murdered here. There is no evidence, however, to substantiate this folk tale.
Adjoining Molly Quirk's is a short but pleasant streamside pathway known as Bibaloe Walk. This was formed when the road to Laxey was created in the 19th century, effectively severing it from Bibaloe Farm of which it was once a part.
Access is by car, bus or on foot from Onchan.