Required Records ID and Tracing
This is only a summary of what the Regulations require. If you are unsure what to do on your farm then ring Agriculture Directorate for advice (see below for contact details).
- To ensure all sheep can be identified.
- To ensure the owner or keeper can be traced.
- To ensure traceability in the Food Chain.
- To allow disease control to be maintained.
- To enable tracing of sheep movements for disease in contact sheep and for any slaughter policy.
There is a legal requirement to mark all sheep with a permanent and official identification. This is an EU Regulation which currently is enacted in Manx Law through:
the ANIMAL HEALTH ACT 1996
the SHEEP AND GOATS IDENTIFICATION ORDER 2000
and the SHEEP AND GOATS (RECORD, IDENTIFICATION AND MOVEMENT) ORDER 2010
Further information can be found by visiting our EID page.
Thie Slieau Whallian
Isle of Man
|Post Code:||IM4 3AS|
|Telephone:||+ 44 (0) 1624 685844|