The agricultural advisory staff provide a free service to sheep farmers requiring general advice.
Types of advice available:-
- Grassland management and grazing advice
- Livestock feeding and feed rationing
- Silage and hay production
- Sheep housing
- Sheep handling & dipping facilities
- Sheep breeding
- General flock health
- Financial advice including farm budgets
The agricultural advisory staff are in constant contact with sheep specialists around the UK and Southern Ireland so when more detailed advice is required farmers can get help from some of the top advisers and agricultural researchers. Please contact 695735 for further information.
Silage, hay and ruminant feed sampling and analysis can also be arranged - please contact 695725.